CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

I'm Baaaaack! And with good teacher finds!

Just returned home from 2 weeks in Southen Cali visiting family and friends.  Such a great break and fun time with my kiddos too!  I pretty much ate my way through the L.A./Orange County area :)  And my other discovery is that teacher supply stores are WAAYYY better there than here in AZ!  I found some great ideas and bargains at CM School Supply. 

My favorite was the clearance area....which was the size of a warehouse!  I found great teacher resource books from Scholastic for $1.50!  Glyphs are one of my favorite activities to do with my kids.  I was able to get a book for Holidays and All About Me.
If you haven't done glyphs with your class, YOU SHOULD!  They are a great way to integrate reading, writing, and math.  They also make great class bulletin boards.  It's important to include a key on your bulletin board so that people can figure out the meaning of each child's glyph.  I like to have them up for Back to School night or conferences.  I hope to post a picture of this year's class birthday glyphs when school starts....which by the way is only 2 weeks away for me.....AHHHH!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE glyphs! Did them with my 1st graders and my 3rd graders! In fact, I have both of those glyph books you mentioned LOL

    ReplyDelete