CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Listening Center - Always a Dilema

I remember that the Listening Center was my favorite when I was in school.  I even would take stories home when I was little from my mom's classroom to listen to....I am dating myself here....on my walkman - the tape player kind!

As a teacher though, I struggle with making this a meaningful activity for my students.  They love to listen to the stories - and we all know why it is good from them to hear stories being read to them.  But then what???  I stumbled across another great blog The Lesson Plan Diva and she has developed some awesome worksheets for the kids to respond too.  From Text to Self Connections to Main Idea, they allow you to take the Listening Center to the next level.

Click below to see what I mean :)

Listening Center Activities

1 comment:

  1. I know my kids are a year younger, and well you kinda know how I do it cuz of little Miss M, but thought I'd sharre anyway. I always find that the story is over waaaay before I am ready for ut! So I have little pointers for them and when they have listened once, they know to turn the tape over and follow the words as best they can with the pointer. Then...if they stilllll have time, I have paper with lines and a picture box and a box of pencils and crayons. They write and draw a pic until I ring the bell for the end of rotation. It works really well in my room!

    ReplyDelete