CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Simple Stolen Math Management Idea!

Before I share I just have to ask if any other teachers out there ever get overwhelmed at the beginning of the year with ALL the great ideas out there and wanting do them all??!!  I tend to have a bit of ADD when it comes to getting my classroom going because I want to do it all and have it all be perfect right away :)  I blame Pinterest and all the wonderful teacher blogs out there!

Having a very varied ability math class this year I am struggling with how to meet the needs of all my kiddos.  You know...... keeping the smarty pants challenged (cuz they finish everything in about 2 seconds) and helping my mathematically challenged (the ones who take forever just to write their number the right way).  I love them all equally!!!  BUT how do stop myself from running all over the classroom once I am done with the whole group instruction?

Enter the fabulous Melissa at F is for First Grade. She is a genius I tell you and wish I could take credit for this simple idea to manage my math block!

Now all I need is a good parent (or friend out there reading this blog :) who will want to set up my math stations!  I have the book and the boxes, just need to get them all together.  For Fact Practice time I will have them use Flashcards and computer websites to practice their facts.  If you have any great math management ideas, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment